Friday, May 22, 2009

Hidden Headband

I really loved this one. It was fun and I thought it turned out really well. I personally have a love/hate relationship with headbands. So this is just one of my many headband ideas to help keep the headband in place.


I hate when they get home from school and you can tell they have taken the headband off and put it back on at least 100 times.

I like to do this hairdo with pretty wet hair. I started with a part down to the middle of her ear on each side. Then I pull the rest of the hair back into a ponytail to help keep it out of the way.



Then I took that section of hair and parted IT down the middle. Now you have the 2 sections of hair.




Twist the back section of hair and use a barrette or a clip to keep it out of the way.
(do this on both sides)
Now you can take your headband and place it over the part you just made. It works best if you use a skinny headband.


Unhook the hair from the back of her head that is secured with barrettes. Divide out a square section. Make sure to use the hair that is on both sides of the headband. Now split the square section into 2 sections (like shown in the picture). Tie it into a knot by wrapping one strand under the other.



Pull the knot tight. You now have one section on the back side, and one in the front. You will use the one in the front to add to the next knot.


The section in the back needs to be pulled tight. Secure it with a barrette.


Repeat the steps above until you have reached the bottom of that side.


After you make the last knot secure BOTH sections in the back. Repeat on the other side.


Take the sections that were secured down and pull them together in the back with an elastic.
I like to add a hair thing to cover the elastic. Curl the ends under and it's done!!!

Front/Side Close-Up

Top View

Back View

The Completed Product!

4 comments:

Princess Hairstyles said...

Now THAT is cute!

JOLENE said...

I love this one....way cute!!!

Holmes Family said...

I love this one girlies!!! Aryanna- we had so much fun hanging out with you and Kita on Saturday:) You girls are too cute. Love you, Missy

Anonymous said...

We just tried this one with great success. Thank you for sharing it!