Monday, July 27, 2009

Princess Jeweliana- A Barbie do!

This hairdo comes from Barbie as the Island Princess. Princess Jeweliana has this simple do in the movie. I had a hard time finding a picture of the back of her head during the movie so I didn't post one! My daughter LOVES all of the Barbie movies. Sadly enough...Yes we do own all of the barbie movies. Although this one is not my favorite of them.


My daughter's hair is not nearly as long or thick as the girls in the movie, but it was so simple and my daughter really wanted me to do her hair like hers...so I did:)

Part the hair down to the ear on each side and braid them.

Connect the 2 braids in the back and then braid that piece too.

Grab all of the hair and pull it down so it is a ponytail, but not a tight ponytail.
Then I curled it under and tied bows around the elastics to cover them up.
Front picture! This was taken months ago. When she was still my kindergarten baby:) Am I the only one taking first grade so hard? Or do other moms cry thinking about their daughter growing up?

9 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Very purdy!

JOLENE said...

Simple and easy but beautiful!!

Decor To Adore said...

What a darling model! Happy Monday~ I am slowly making my way through all of the comments that I so lovingly received last Thursday when I was featured on SITS. Thank you so very much for visiting me.

Anonymous said...

I love it. so clean.

Eileen said...

Visiting from SITS! That hairdo is super cute! Nice work!

The Redhead Riter said...

Beautifully fantastic as always!
Stopping by to give a little blog ♥

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I love the way that looks so pretty

natalee said...

I love this ...I mm going to attempt it on myself natalee...http://totmama.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My daughter just started 1st grade this year also. They grow so fast! It feels like yesterday she needed help with everything and now she is in school and does everything on her own. :(